Bardi Young Musician 2022 is now open for applications
Closing date Friday 24 September 2021
Welcome to Bardi Young Musician 2022
The initial Bardi Young Musician concert took place in June 2012 at Fraser Noble Concert Hall, Leicester. The concert attracted significant local newspaper coverage, and a capacity audience of about 250. Since then the competition has gone from strength to strength with some of the successful young players going on to study music full-time and taking up professional careers in music.
Ten years on from the first concert, in 2022 the competition is being relaunched and will now be open to young players of any orchestral instrument (strings, wind, brass and percussion).
You can read the full competition rules and guidance below, but the basic entry details are as follows:
- You are aged 18 years and under at 31st August 2022.
- You are in full-time education at Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland schools, primary or secondary, state or independent at the 31st August 2022.
- You are of Grade Eight standard or equivalent on your instrument.
- You must provide details of a piece of music you would perform with the Bardi Symphony Orchestra at the concert on 30th January 2022 should you win the competition, a concerto or similar work.
- In addition to the concert performance, the winner will receive a special trophy and a cash prize of £100.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24 September 2021.
Those selected for audition need to be available on Saturday 30 October 2021.
We would love to hear from you!
2018 Evie Dunn – Trumpet
2017 Sam Abbott – Clarinet
2016 Amalia Young – Violin
2016 Danushka Edrisinghe – Cello
2015 Sam Dye – Trombone
2014 Emilia Palmer – Clarinet
2013 Michelle Luo – Violin
2012 Mark Lee – Piano